As with everything in Pi land, following the “just install Kodi” guides left a few things that didn’t work. Extra commands and steps so far are:
- Install NextPVR on the command line with sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-nextpvr
- Install some other library that services like the iPlayer need with sudo apt-get install kodi-inputstream-adaptive
- Restart Kodi
- Installed the Amazon Video plugin following instructions here: https://www.videoconverterfactory.com/kodi/amazon-prime-video-on-kodi.htmla
- Editing /boot/config.txt and adding these two lines to keep HDMI on (where the second line is to force audio):
- More instructions here that fixed permissions, especially with sound and crashing on exit: https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=109088&start=475#p936238
Despite following about fifteen different methods I still haven’t gotten Kodi to autostart on reboot.